Monday, March 25, 2019

Best Piece Ever

Happiness is those little moments you enjoy timelessly. A moment when you don’t look outside the window to watch the sun goes down. It is a moment when you fully engage yourself doing something you enjoy. Today I had one of those moments and what can be better than to share it with someone you love.
My daughter asked me if I can help her to draw a wolf. She had a specific image in her mind - a howling wolf and a full moon on a dark night. Yesterday when I was organizing my art shelf, I’ve  found a pack of new oil pastels. I thought maybe Liz will be interested to try a new art technique using soft pastels so I’ve looked for Youtube tutorial of a full moon drawing. We even found one with a howling wolf. She was skeptical. It looked too hard but we decided to try anyway. We started it three times and only on the third paper we passed drawing the skies. Still it was my happy moment. Sharing this new expirence of learning. She even told me “mom, it’s ok to make a mistake” 😍
The happy moment was more like half an hour πŸ˜ƒ . I helped her with the smudging but she did everything by herself with a little guidance from me and Youtube tutorial. She was so proud of her drawing she called it her Best Piece Ever and decided to bring it to her art class at school.
Thank you my dear of sharing this moments of happiness with me. ❤️
Love,
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment