Monday, February 25, 2019

Be Youself

When someone asks me “How long have you been a crafter and artist?” My answer is “I’ve never stopped.” Craft is another sense we experience our world through as children. During school years some of us busy learning with our minds and some still need to get their hands dirty and crafty.
I love to use different material in my crafts. It took me several years as a teenager to finally Be myself in my crafts and stop listening to all those one-discipline teachers:”You are not suppose to combine acrylic with watercolors!” “Don’t mix this with that”, “Jewelry is not woodworking!”etc. 
Well, I say mix it all! Create and Be Happy!

I can’t wait for tomorrow when five girls will design their shirt in the way they like, as part of our Kids Craft Club on Tuesdays. Maybe they will use colours, maybe ribbons, maybe fabrics and maybe beads or maybe all of it and some more. I know it’s just an hour and a half but I’m happy to share that magical hour where they can Be Themselves  in the craft. 

Be Yourself,
Natalie



No comments:

Post a Comment